Monday 24 March 2014

Short update

WATT'SUP!! I know i have been MIA for way too long. Caught up in so many things these past few weeks that i barely have enough time for myself, let alone finding time to blog. Anyway, a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulder and i'm starting to enjoy some alone time now. So i have decided to start on a.. movie marathon! Not quite a fan of movies but oh well.. as quoted from my dear friend Sylvester who once told me "you need to watch more movies in order to be expressive" Hahaha ok. So i make quite a long list of movies to watch but it's hard to find a movie where my attention span allows me to watch till the end of it. I always find myself losing interest in a movie at the first quarter of it. That explains why i only manage to finish "The girl next door" , "Grown ups" and "Spectacular Now"out of the 11 movies i tried to watch, bleah. Didn't really enjoy these 3 movies either. Until... I decided to watch "Pride and Prejudice" yesterday!! O-M-G!! It's an awesome movie. My eyes are literally glued to the screen throughout.
It's a classic book and by Jane Austen! Hello!? What more can i say! Now i understand why Jane Austen is on the list of "100 greatest writers of all times."
When i get obsess over something, i get reallyyy obsess with it. A perfect example would be the "Gordan Ramsay craze" where i watched so many of his shows at one go. This is no exception of course.
I have watched the film not once but thrice and still NOT sick with it! (It's a great big deal for me, given the fact that i have really really short attention span in movies), downloaded the ebook on my phone (only halfway through the book), bought the physical book and even watched the BBC 1995 version of it! But still nothing beats the one that keira knightley and Matthew Macfadyen is in it. HANDS DOWN. It is going to be my favorite movie of all time. Since young i have always been intrigue by the 1880s setting english films. There is something about the country side that makes me deeply attracted to it. The lawn, the lake and the brick houses... and what makes me love this film even more is the formality of language they used.
Just some of my favorites..
Look how breathetaking the settings are..


"




No comments:

Post a Comment