Sunday 10 June 2012

Every moment is a highlight

So excited to blog about yesterday's happening! So here it goes!
Yesterday ( 9/6/2012 ) Lena and I went for National Taekwondo Poomsae Championship - Female category 
held at Toa Payoh stadium. We were told to reach there by 12, but we met at 9.30 instead for breakfast.
Headed over to Braddell for their famous Yong Tau Foo!

We found this on the wall ! The competitors namelist for female category! 

Setting up for the tournament

At this point,  I'm seriously freaked out by their setting for the event, it was not what i imagined it to be. 
When the time arrived, we had to recite the Singapore Taekwondo Federation ( STF ) pledge. 
And soon after, all competitiors for the first category have to report to their respective area and this means that
 IT  HAS BEGUN!! 
Our hearts beat even faster when we saw this because we have absolutely no idea
that we had to do our pattern one at a time.
 All along, we thought that it's going to be the same as grading --
8 people doing the pattern together. But.we.are.wrong.

Waited for 3 hrs or so and it was finally our turn to set foot in the competitors waiting area and to the blue mat. 
-----------

GUESS WHAT? 



Though we did not came in first or second, but I'm still glad that we manage to clinch a bronze medal! 
I love yesterday, definitely one of my important day in my life. I will never forget that 
nerve-wracking feeling while sitting on the competitors bench, waiting for my name to be called, etc. 
My first experience..

No comments:

Post a Comment